Below you will find detailed information on what cookies are, which types of cookies are used on this website, how you can disable them in your browser and how to specifically block the installation of cookies from third parties.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install on the user’s browser or device (whether a smartphone, tablet, or smart TV) while they browse the website or application and which are used to store information about their visit.
- Ensure that its web pages function correctly.
- Store user preferences, such as their chosen language and font size.
- Find out more about the user’s browsing experience.
- Gather anonymous statistical data, such as which pages the user has visited and how long they have spent on the website.
By using cookies, we are able to optimize the browsing experience by tailoring the information and services that we provide to the specific interests of our users, in turn giving them a better experience whenever they visit the website.
Types, purpose and function
Depending on their duration, cookies can be divided into session cookies and permanent cookies. The former expire when the user closes their browser, while the latter expire once they have fulfilled their purpose (such as enabling the user to be identified on the website) or when manually deleted by the user.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, cookies can also be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): These cookies are essential for the correct functioning of the web page. They are usually created when the user accesses or starts a session on the website, and they are used to identify them while they browse the website for the following purposes:
– To identify the user so that when they leave the website, close their browser, or switch off their device, the next time they access the website, we will still be able to identify them, facilitating their browsing without them having to be identified again.
– To check if the user is authorized to access certain services or areas on the website.
- Performance: These are used to improve the browsing experience and optimize the website’s performance by saving configurations for services, or storing unpurchased items in a shopping cart, for example.
- Advertising: These gather information on the advertisements that users are shown on the website. There are two types of advertising cookies:
- Anonymous: These only gather data on the advertising spaces shown on the website, regardless of the user who accesses the website. This means that the user is not expressly identified.
- Personalized: These gather a website user’s personal data on behalf of a third party in order to tailor the advertising spaces to the user.
- Geolocation: These cookies are used to identify from which country or region the user accesses a service on the website in order to provide them with content or services suitable for their location.
- Analytics: These gather information on the user’s browsing experience while on the website. These data are usually anonymous, although they can sometimes also be used to uniquely and unequivocally identify users in order to obtain reports on users’ interest in the services offered on the website.
Cookies used on this website
Below is a table showing the cookies used on this website. It also displays the “intrusiveness” level, which is based on a scale of 1 to 3, where:
Level 1 corresponds to strictly necessary cookies to provide the service that the user has requested.
Level 2 corresponds to (anonymous) performance cookies, which are necessary to perform maintenance on the content and browsing experience. It is only necessary to inform the user of the existence of this type of cookies.
Level 3 corresponds to cookies managed by third parties, which are used to track the user’s activity across websites that are not owned by CONSERVAS ORTIZ, S.A. These tend to be advertising or analytics cookies that uniquely and clearly identify users.
|Tabla de cookies utilizadas|
|JSESSIONID||Session||Technical||Manage a user´s session||Level 3|
|_utma||2 years||Analytic||Internal measurement using Google Analytics||Level 3|
|_utmb||30 minutes||Analytic||Internal measurement using Google Analytics||Level 3|
|_utmc||Session||Analytic||Internal measurement using Google Analytics||Level 3|
|_utmz||6 months||Analytic||Internal measurement using Google Analytics and AdWords||Level 3|
The portal owned by CONSERVAS ORTIZ, S.A. contains links to third-party websites whose privacy policies differ from that of CONSERVAS ORTIZ, S.A. When accessing these websites, you can decide whether or not you wish to accept their privacy and cookies policies. In general, you can accept or reject the use of third-party cookies when browsing by adjusting the cookies settings of your browser.
CONSERVAS ORTIZ, S.A.’s web pages use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a company from Delaware whose headquarters are located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States of America (“Google”).
If you wish, you can decide to no longer accept the use of browser cookies or cookies for a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookies settings. These settings can usually be found in the “Options” or “Preferences” section of your browser’s menu.
Other third-party tools are available online, which allow users to detect the cookies used by each website they visit and enable them to manage and disable them, such as Ghostery.
What happens when I disable cookies?
Some functions and services may be disabled or not work as expected. These may include keeping you logged in, saving your unpurchased items in the shopping cart on an e-commerce website, or receiving information relevant to your location, among many others.
Additional guarantees and withdrawal of acceptance
CONSERVAS ORTIZ, S.A. is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the privacy policies of the third-party items found on this website.
Updates to the Cookies Policy
CONSERVAS ORTIZ, S.A. may modify this Cookies Policy according to legislative or regulatory requirements or adapt this policy to Spanish Data Protection Agency guidelines. As such, users should regularly consult this policy.
Whenever significant changes are made to this Cookies Policy, users will be informed via a notification on the website or via an email sent to all registered users.